Lots of Stuff
Yesterday was our 3rd anniversary. We did a lot in 3 years–2 kids, 2 new jobs, 3 apartments, 1 college degree and one in progress. We’re not doing anything to celebrate until this weekend. My in laws had been on the waiting list for Green Bay Packer season tickets for something like 30 years. They finally got their tickets, and they can’t go to the first game! Luckily, N and I were there to pick up the slack, and we’re going to the game this weekend. My sister agreed to watch the kids, so we’re going to have a good time! Expensive stadium beer, here we come.
I got my package from my Hand Dyed Yarn Swap pal, Janknit.
Goozle got a hold of the biscotti. I was nice and shared with him. The yarn is so pretty. It’s nice and summery, so I’m going to save it for the middle of winter. Thanks Janet!
I also scored big at a garage sale last weekend.
They’re assorted Needlework magazines from the 50s, 60s and 70s. They’re full of great patterns. After paging through these and the newest Vogue Knitting, it seems that there really isn’t anything new! In the old magazines, though, acrylic isn’t such a dirty word.
They found my blog at work. So, hi, guys, if you actually read stuff and not just look at the pictures. They didn’t really need more ammo to pick on me. They claimed they didn’t know I was part of the “knitting club.” That’s a lie anyway, because I’ve had more than one conversation about knitting with the guy who used to crochet as a kid!
Finally, here is my questionnaire for the Vegan Pal 2:
- What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them? Knitting (about 2 years), dyeing yarn (couple months), spinning (couple months), sewing (about a year), quilting (1 week)
- Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other? veg-friendly, and we drink rice milk
- Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you? I’ve done previous swaps 🙂 I like seeing what other people do and try to put together a package for basically a complete stranger. I’ve made friends through swaps that I wouldn’t have met otherwise. I like getting stuff in the mail, too!
- What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)? My favorite colors are greens, purples, reds. I don’t really dislike any colors.
- Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)? no
- Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?* no
- Do you collect anything? postcards and yarn
- Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that’s vegan (for those who aren’t vegan), what’s your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!) I make this stuff that’s a variety of roasted veggies served over whole wheat spaghetti. It’s a variation of an olive garden dish. I like 4 bean salad, too.
- What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever – Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.) All of the above! I’m very open to trying new things (like signing up for a vegan swap 🙂 ). I just really don’t like cilantro, and I think basil tastes like poison. And since I was pregnant with Goozle, I can’t really handle the texture of mushrooms.
- What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don’t? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list) I have too many size 11 knitting needles! I don’t have any size5 or 7 needles. I learned how to make 2 socks at once, so I think I’m going to start adding more extra long circs to my stash. I don’t have any real stitch markers.
- Are you on Ravelry? What’s your handle? yes–myhobbyisyarn
- Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you? I have 2 kids under 2. So no candles, please. I’m excited to try new vegan stuff.
- What scents do you like/dislike? As far as lotion goes, I can’t do strong scents. I like calendula and citrus scents.
- Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme? Autumn
- Just for fun – tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory. They have trick or treating for the kids where I work. They decorate all the offices and cubicles and people dress up and pass out candy to the kids. I think that’s really nice.